ACSS conductors can be used as a low loss solution, as part of efficient transmission networks. These conductors are suitable for lines that transmit very high or fluctuating loads.
Ideal for Reconductoring & New Lines.
● Increase capacity of lines while maintaining Electrical clearance.
● Can be Deployed in Existing Structures or can reduce strain on structures, increasing life.
● 100% more capacity building towards future demands.
● Improved self-damping characteristics and high degree of resistance to vibration fatigue.
● Can operate continuously at high temperatures up to 250°C (482°F) with appropriate steel core coating v/s 100°C (212°F) for standard ACSR, hence can carry twice as much current as ACSR conductor.
● No creep.
● Less susceptible to Aeolian vibration fatigue due to very low mechanical load on the annealed aluminium wire.
● Requires conventional installation techniques.
● Allows for lower overall transmission cost.
|PROPERTIES||UNIT||ACSS/R HAWK||ACSS/R DRAKE||ACSS/R CURLEW||ACSS/TW HAWK||ACSS/TW DRAKE||ACSS/TW CURLEW|
|Appropriate System Voltage||kV||132 kV||220 kV||220 kV / above||132 kV||220 kV||220 kV / above|
|Reference Standards||-||ASTM B 856||ASTM B 857|
|Ultimate tensile strength||KN||88.0||145.0||155||88.0||88.0||155|
|DC resistance at 20°C temperature||Ohm/km||0.1161||0.1161||0.0536||0.0536||0.0695||0.0534|
|Current carrying capacity at maximum operating temperature (250)||A||1212||1701||1986||1181||1651||1953|
Note: The Catalogue conductor Parameter are informative and can be customized as per Project Requirements.
Assumptions: Ampacity is calculated based on, 45°C ambient temperature, 0.56 m/s wind velocity, 0.8 as coefficient of solar absorption, 0.45 as coefficient of emissivity and 1045 W/sq.m coefficient for solar radiation, 0 m Elevation. Non-Specular (NS) Dull Finish Conductor can be available on special requirement.
* Parameters mentioned in the document are indicative and can vary subject to different standards
* Customizations are available on select products. Please indicate your interest by reaching out to the sales team
Contacts us for more details:
Saurabh Mahajan, VP Exports & Sales (email@example.com)
Amit Charan, VP, Sales and BD (firstname.lastname@example.org)