ACSS conductors can be used as a low loss solution, as part of efficient transmission networks. These conductors are suitable for lines that transmit very high or fluctuating loads.
● Improved self-damping characteristics and high degree of resistance to vibration fatigue.
● Can operate continuously at high temperatures up to 250°C (482°F) with appropriate steel core coating v/s 100°C (212°F) for standard ACSR, hence can carry twice as much current as ACSR conductor.
● No creep.
● Less susceptible to Aeolian vibration fatigue due to very low mechanical load on the annealed aluminium wire.
● Requires conventional installation techniques.
● Allows for lower overall transmission cost.
|PROPERTIES||ACSS CURLEW||ACSS DRAKE||ACSS HAWK|
|Typical factors||3.51 mm||0.1383 in||4.44 mm / 3.45MM||0.1749 in / 0.16 in||3.51mm / 2.67 mm||0.1383 in / 0.1051 in|
|Reference specifications||ASTM B856||ASTM B856||ASTM B856|
|Total cross section area||591.00 mm2||0.9161 in2||468.50 mm2||0.7262 in2||281.50 mm2||0.4356 in2|
|Conductive wire||Al 1350-0 (Fully Annealed Al wires)||Al 1350-0 (Fully Annealed Al wires)||Al 1350-0 (Fully Annealed Al wires)|
|Core wire||Mischmetal Alloy Coated Steel||Mischmetal Alloy Coated Steel||Mischmetal Alloy Coated Steel|
|Conductor diameter||31.62mm||1.2449 in||28.13 mm||1.1075 in||21.77 mm||0.8571 in|
|Weight||1981 kg/km||1331.2 lbs/mile||1629 kg/km||1094.6 lbs/mile||976 kg/km||655.8 lbs/mile|
|Ultimate tensile strength||13807 kg||30439.19 lbs||12742 kg||28091.27 lbs||7779 kg||17149.74 lbs|
|DC resistance at 20°C temperature||0.05 Ω/km||0.09 Ω/mile||0.07 Ω/km||0.11 Ω/mile||0.12 Ω/km||0.19 Ω/mile|
|Maximum operating temperature||210°C||410°F||210°C||410°F||210°C||410°F|
|Current carrying capacity at maximum operating temperature||1854 Amp||1564 Amp||1120 Amp|